To spank or not to spank......that is the question??????

What are everyones views on spanking? I spank my children but I wanted some other views and opinions.

Frogbaby83

Asked by Frogbaby83 at 6:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've been spanked as a child and I am not a violent person today...So if a kid has bad behavior probably there are more problems than spanking. I love my parents, also my mom was always my best friend...even in my teenager years.
    Sofab

Answer by Sofab at 11:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Well my son is only 5months so punishing him is still out of the question. If he doesn't respond to my verbal discipline, like please stop or if time out isn't doing the trick then I will resort to a spanking, not hard just to get my point across that I mean business.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 7:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• The more research I did on spanking, the more confident I am about my decision NOT to spank. I feel if I were to use spanking as a punishment it would be more out of anger and frustration than anything else. I feel I've witnessed this from parents who do spank, and at that point it does become abuse. If I were to spank, it would be after I've calmed down. But I just could never bring myself to do that.

Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 7:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I don't believe in spanking AT ALL. I do agree with seven07
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i have baped the bum, but thats after 2 warnings of dont do that, and didnt i say dont do that u will get a bap. and i am at eye leavl. so i will bap his tush and say to him mommy said not to do that and he will stop. and i know it dosent really hurt him i think its a shock thing. same thing if i have to bap him on the hand and say i said no touching..so now by warning #2 he stops doing what ever it is. i was spanked as a kid and i even had the belt and i dont use the belt with my kids never did. and if i do get angry i do walk away and give myself a timeout and return when i feel calmer.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I spank, but only for a
    last resort, such as breaking one of the ten commandmendments.
    Spankings are measured, max of three swats and never ever if the
    parent is angry!

If a spNking as a kid prevents jail as an adult, then kodoos to you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• If a parent can't find a way to discipline their child without resorting to violence and pain they aren't much of a parent. Teach your children with love and respect. Parents are supposed to be the ones to protect their children from harm. Not be the ones to cause it.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I don't hit my daughter. To me that's bullying. I'm alot bigger than her and that is intimidating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I don't support it at all. My parents raised seven of us without raising a hand to us. I can certainly raise two.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 9:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY NOT! Hitting them does nothing but make them afraid of you!
    mirandar2001

Answer by mirandar2001 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2009