Who do you think said this and do you agree?

Real change must begin at the individual level, with each person deciding that the special interests, the bureaucracies, and the forces of the past will not determine the course of the future. Real change has to start with families who don't want to see their quality of life decline even as they work harder to maintain it. Real change has to start with citizens who say to their families, friends, and neighbors that the time has come to insist that their politicians change or they will change their politicians.

Asked by CooksWife at 7:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Newt Gingrich said it and I totally agree with it.

Answer by IhartU at 8:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• ...and remember how he was considered a "laughing stock" just a few years ago?!  NOW who's laughing?!

Linky for those who want to read the whole story

(not like it's a "win" for anyone, but SOME of us with our Crystal Balls saw this coming!!! LOL  Now where is my insignificant "fan club" member?!  LOL)

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:15 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I agree with it completely. I think we may see it in the next couple of elections.

Answer by Carpy at 8:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I agree with it and what Newt said about it.

Answer by thundernlight at 8:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I do agree. I want to believe that Newt Gringrich has CHANGED (for the better), but it will take more than his words...

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I agree. . .

Answer by lovinangels at 8:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Live it up, Newt worshipers. The scumbag asked his wife for a divorce when she was in the hospital dying of cancer. I don't care what that slime has to say about anything.

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I agree with that statement.

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• While I think he's a tool, I agree with this and it's actually quite inspiring.

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• The statement is good, too bad Newt doesn't practice what he preaches. If he were to take to heart the words he says (oh, like I DO), he would follow through with responsible action and not hide behind blaming those who disagree with hum as an excuse for not making the changes he proposes. Change starts from within and Mr. Gingrich could use a good dose before he pontificates on what others should do.

Answer by PsWifey at 6:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009