Anyone else have a love/hate for them???

In my house when it 6:00 the kids start jumping around wondering if the Simpson's are on. It drive me crazy. The content sometimes makes me cringe. I tell my dh that this cartoon is just encouraging the kids bad behaviors but he still insists on allowing them to watch. I especially don't like the violent stuff, like the strangeling and blood.
I was just wondering how other moms feel about the simpsons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• if you dont like it then why do YOU let your kids watch it
    i love the show but im smart and DONT let my kids watch it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Years ago, I let my kids watch them, until I caught part of an episode with the cat and the mouse and all the blood, and that was when I said no more. They do not watch it now, at all. Why does he insist on allowing them to watch it? Is it because HE wants to watch it? I'd tell him to record it and he can watch it after the kids are in bed. Find something less violent for the kids to watch.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i find this kinda weird i mean i grew up on the simpsons, me and my whole family. and i like to think i turned out fine and didn't do alot of stupid stuff (normal teenage stuff yea i did). so i really don't see a problem with it. they could be watching worse things, they could be watching better though. it really all depends on how well your kinds know the difference between real life and cartoons (i'm not saying you don't teach them but i had friends when i was little brother and sister and one knew the difference the other didn't grasp at it very well) but really it depends on how you feel if you don't like them watching it you and your husband should be able to come to commen ground on it. you can let them watch old ones that are on that you've watched or read up on that you know aren't that bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I love the Simpson's! My daughter and I watch it together. I used to make a point of saying things like that is not nice or he/she needs a time out when something violent was going on. Now she points those things out to me. It also gives me a chance to explain the difference between reality and tv.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• When this show first came out, I had 2 small children, we didn't let them watch it. Now that I'm a MawMaw and my youngest child is 14, I don't worry about that show anymore, but some of those shows on MTV, I DON"T let my 14 year old watch.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I also grew up with the Simpsons and I turned out fine. My kids don't watch but not because I don't let them. It's because when it comes on my oldest is usually outside playing and the younger ones aren't old enough to request a certain show. But I don't think I would forbid them to watch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2009