how long did u wait too have sex after getting the Mirena? (birthcontrol)

i just got my mirena yesterday morning. july 7th.. everything seems too be going well so far! how do i check each month to see if still in place?

ashley_nick30

Asked by ashley_nick30 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Health

• You should check out my journal on my page about it. Just in case you start to have problems with it, that is. I had sex that day. I got mine December 10,2008. Shortly after getting it (within 2 weeks), I lost my breastmilk. Things started going downhill from there. A lot of women like it, but I was one of the many to have (nearly every) negative side effects.

You check it (or at least you can try) by inserting a finger (or two) into the vagina and feeling for the strings. I have never been able to feel mine,neither has my husband. Except while we're having sex. Then we both get stabbed by it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think i had sex that day, or the next. And i never check my strings. I tried once and couldn't feel anything so i haven't tried again. I have had mine 2 years and love it.
    Anonymous