• In the Spotlight:

HAS THIS SITE BECOME AN ANON SOCIETY?

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO AFRAID TO POST A COMMENT FOLLOWED BY WHO THEY ARE? WHY NOT STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELEIVE? MY BELEIVES BRINGS ON A LOT OF HATE MAIL, BUT I AM PROUD FOR WHAT I STAND FOR AND NO AMOUNT OF HARRASSING WILL MAKE ME STOP ADDING MY NAME AND PICTURE TO MY THOUGHTS.
MOST POSTS AND QUESTIONS ARE ANON, MOST COMMENTS ARE ANON, SPECIALLY THE RUDE SARCASTIC ONES, WHAT A LOT OF GALL TO STAND BEHIND THE ANON, BUT NO GALL TO STAND BEHIND IT WITH YOUR FACE?

Asked by older at 8:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in About CafeMom

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • older is not yelling, she has bad eyesight- thus the caps.

I agree with her. I see absolutely no reason for someone to post Anon unless it's a TMI question or something along those lines. Why post Anon when asking about how to remove a stain from your sofa or how to cook a turkey?

Lately, more and more people are using that Anon button to spread hate and ignorance.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I am always friendly and myself when I post but I don't want everything I say to go into the google cache.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Why are you yelling (all caps) and it should not matter if the answers are respectful, IMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• SORRY ANON, I AM NOT YELLING I JUST HAVE REALLY BAD EYESIGHT AND THE CAPS ARE MY HAPPY MEDIUM. I AM AWARE OF THE FONT, LIKE I SAID THE CAPS ARE MY HAPPY MEDIUM.

Answer by older at 8:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I choose to answer a few questions about topics I actually am familiar with, not just opinion type questions. I also choose to answer politely and Anon. for a very important reason, I love my child!!
    My profile is very personal with pictures of my child, all of my friends on the page are friends I know in the real world. They have their personal info. on their page. I do not trust the internet "people" to respect and protect my info as much as I do. You never know if someone on here is just a creepy pediphil (sp?) looking for one too many bits of info. to find out what town, what school and what a child looks like. That is all it would take!!!
    And as you said, really, hate mail!!! What kind of site is this, if you get hate mail....I don't need to share my info. with thoose kind of people. Sorry if you dis agree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Really I don't see what the big deal is using the anon button anyway. We don't know each other, anyone can make a fake account using a pic and name and just because someone uses their name and has a pic behind it makes no difference to me in what the person is saying unless they are insulting me personally. I'm also annoyed that the "anon" gets blamed for all the rude and nasty comments when there are plenty of people on here who do the same thing without that anon button. This is the internet and we really shouldn't let things like the anon button bother us. People seem to get brave behind the computer because they aren't usually held accountable for their actions. I say if you don't like the anon button just don't read what they have to say, don't use it yourself and you won't get bothered by it.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Eh, doesn't bother me. Maybe they are confused? Somewhat uncertain of the things they are typing? Maybe it's the only way they can speak their truth?
    jridgill

Answer by jridgill at 9:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I believe some people are more comfortable with being anon so that their not bashed or whatever. personally i feel if youve got something to say to me please dont deel you need to do it anon style. im not rude and i really dont enjoy drama but i will speak up when i dont like something and i will not do it anon!
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 2:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009