So.. Now that Palin isn't busy being Governor of Alaska...

Do you think she will run for president? Would you vote for her now if she did? And if you say no, what would she have to do to or change to make you want to vote for her?

(a lot of questions rolled into one, I know)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• She is still our governor.
    I will never vote for her ,she did not finish the job what WE the people of Alaska give her & trusted her.So there is nothing what she can do to change my mind.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 8:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I voted for her before, and I would vote for her again...as VICE PRESIDENT. If she were to build her political resume in foreign policy, develop a solid economic recovery plan, and carry herself with more "umpf" or resolve in the face of scrutiny (not trusting liberal media elites to define her), I would CONSIDER voting for her for President...but I don;t think she'll be ready for the top ticket by 2012....maybe 2016--but only IF she really delves into what is MOST important for our country by then.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• If bitchy women would give her a chance, she might actually finally be seen for what she can accomplish or do. They don't mind giving the black man a chance till the cows come home but not poor Sarah. She's a woman! We have to be jealous and attack her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• LOL She had a chance to perform a very important job, she can't finish job as governor, what will she do when the nation is in crises?

Resign? LOL .

She's immature and the first impressions will last lifetime, can't change it. Besides I dont like people who allow slaughter of innocent and defenseless baby seals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Hard to say the election is a while away and who knows what will happen. We may have a dictatorship or a civil war by then for all we know.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Taxpayers of Alaska were paying for Palin to defend herself each day she worked. So many ethics charges. She is an aspiring fiscal conservative. It would not be fiscally conservative to continuously fight charges when she SHOULD be running the state. Most charges were dropped, but yet people keep filing... What gets me is that they filed against her, but none of the other officials (both sides) who were doing the same thing as her (traveling, etc) had complaints filed against them....

I do NOT think she is running in 2012. I think she has a national agenda. I think it might be energy independence. Not sure if she has plans to work for a special interest or cause, but I don't think she is running.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• "I voted for her before, and I would vote for her again...as VICE PRESIDENT. If she were to build her political resume in foreign policy, develop a solid economic recovery plan, and carry herself with more "umpf" or resolve in the face of scrutiny (not trusting liberal media elites to define her), I would CONSIDER voting for her for President...but I don;t think she'll be ready for the top ticket by 2012....maybe 2016--but only IF she really delves into what is MOST important for our country by then."

You apparently are unaware of the fact that the vice-president assumes the presidency if the president dies in office. That's why the VP needs to be ready to assume the presidency from day one. If McCain had won the election and then died the day after his inaguration, that idiot Palin would be president. If they aren't ready for the top of the ticket, they aren't ready for the bottom of the ticket, either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• "Hard to say the election is a while away and who knows what will happen. We may have a dictatorship or a civil war by then for all we know."

WE NEED MORE TIN FOIL ON AISLE FIVE!" LOL!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• No, I would not vote for her....but I don't think she's running anyway, I think the reason for the resignation is so she can have her own tv show on Fox.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I don't think she's got a chance. I think that if she DID have a chance resigning before her term was up sure makes her look weak and it makes her look like a quitter. If she can't handle the rough press and do her job at the same time then how would anyone expect her to handle being president. Presidents get the harshest critics and have the most stressful jobs and they have to work despite that.

How could she win me over... Hmm that is tough. I don't really know. I've not sure if she could at this point because I'm so familiar with her and I don't agree with her on anything and I have gotten a sense that she is competent enough for the job. I guess if she took on a high profile position like Secretary of State or NSA and really blew me a away with what a great job she did then I might get swayed. That's what persuaded me on Condoleza Rice.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2009