• In the Spotlight:

Do you feel that because you are a mom, you don't have to look nice anymore?

This question comes from a comment that my aunt made. She said she used to dress nice and have a nice body and look good. Now that she's a mother she is going to look like a mother and she doesn't care....It is quite obvious that she doesn't.
I certainly don't think that mothers should come out every day looking like they just stepped off of the cat-walk. But, personally I like to at least look clean. I like to be well groomed. When I go out with my husband I want him to be proud to be walking next to me.
I feel that just because a woman is a mother doesn't mean she has to turn into a total slob.
Agree?
Disagree?
I'm interested to hear other's views on this.

nowhinning

Asked by nowhinning at 8:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I think I dress nicer now that I am a mother. I use to be a tom boy, wore all men's clothing. Since I have had my son I have gotten rid of all the men's clothing, got really nice female items. I still don't wear make up but I have a purse now. My husband can't believe how much my wardrobe has changed in the past couple years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i dress more comfortable now i dont glamor myself up to go to the store but i shower and my hair is brushed and mabe a lil eye liner..now if its a night out with dh i go all out. lol. even if i dolled myself up my dh dosent come home till 8 9pm so by the time he gets home im in my pj's and going to bed soon.. lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i think moms should look nice but i mean there is that whole window where no mattter how much you want to look nice you still look like crap lol
    my baby girl is gonna be 3 months on the 22nd and gah i swear there is no point right now i get peed on spit up on lol so usually im in my old navy pants and a decent tshirt
    but im always showered groomed ect
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think it depends on the person. However I've never let myself get lost in being a mom. Sure my name is Mommy to my son, but to every one else I am still called Robyn.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• NO, I PERSONALLY DRESS NICE AND TAKE CARE OF MYSELF MAINLY FOR ME AND MY SELF ESTEEM. ALWAYS MADE IT A POINT TO SMELL AND LOOK NICE FOR HUBBY'S COMING HOME. BEING A MOM ONLY MADE IT MORE OF A CHALLENGE SINCE TIME WAS LIMITED.

Answer by older at 9:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My answer might be different simply because of my age and the fact that I'm single- but I put effort into looking good.
    I like to have my house, my kids, my yard, and my self look as great as possible. Sure, the fact that I'm now about 6weeks with my 3rd baby doesn't make looking good easy (I'm always tired and I get those gross puffy bags under my eyes lol)- but I at least take a shower every day, wear nice clothes, and throw on some mascara/eyeliner if I leave the house.

Being a mother is not a good reason to let yourself go. Sure- we might not always look GREAT but I think motherhood is kinda sexy, and I fully believe in playing up my assets lol.
    Mor-Forwyn

Answer by Mor-Forwyn at 10:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• jumping ropeI agree.... I try my best to look nice for myself.... No one else...

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think I doll myself up more after having my son! I always have my hair and make up done and my nails painted. I made a promise to myself that no matter how many kids I have that I wont let myself go!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I don't feel that because I am a mother I don't have to look nice anymore...I feel that because I am a mother I don't have the time to look nice anymore! LOL. I do try...because it makes me feel good to look good and for my SO to see that I'm the hot chic he fell in love with,lol. But there are days when I just don't have the time to throw some make up on. I end up throwing my hair up in a ponytail or a quick braid,put on cotton shorts and a t-shirt with flip flops. Today,baby slept in a little,so I look nice...but I would never completley give up on my looks,No way.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I still try to look nice, if only because it helps me feel better. I do my hair every day, shower every day, and try to wear stuff that's flattering. This is about what I did before kids too, I very seldom wear makeup or anything like that. Only if I"m going out.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2009