Run out of ideas to make us all well faster.

My family has been harboring a nasty cold for over a week now. Don't get me wrong, we are all feeling better than we did when it first got us, But I have tried all the tips and tricks in the book for shaking the rest of it off and so far, no dice. I disinfect, we wash hands, I've washed our blankets and sheets every other day, upped our intake of vitamin C. What else can I do to help us out here?

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 9:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Health

• oh i'm so sorry for you - its so hard when sicknesses go all through the house I know!!! viruses just have to run their course even with all you're doing. I'd add sitting in a steamy shower to everything else to keep congestion loosened and squirt bottles of water to moisture throat and gargle with room temp salt water for sore throats. Feel better momma, could someone have a sinuse infection complicating things?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• no dairy
    I am a big believer in the power of foods. This healing foods pyramid from the University of Michigan is great: http://www.med.umich.edu/umim/food-pyramid/index.htm
    Most important, stay well hydrated!
    Feel better

Answer by rkoloms at 12:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2009