After Rice Cereal....

Hey there! I was just wanting to get some other moms opinions on what is a good veggie to start baby on after they have been on rice cereal for awhile? I was thinking carrots...or should I start with a green veggie?
AND...do you think its BEST to just make my own baby food from fresh veggies or do you think it really makes a diff if I buy the jars?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 9:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We started with yellow and orange veggies and then moved to greens. After we made it through all those we started fruits. We always bought jars... but it's easy to make your own if you want.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i always bought jars but that is up to you lol
    my son hated the carrots lol but i had started him on green beans he loved them
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• my son is 6 months and has all the stage 1 foods from gerber. We started with sweet potatoes,but he eats everything. and just make sure when you start fruits you keep giving him the veggies so that he doesn't just like the sweet things. And if he makes funny faces just keep trying that food sometimes it takes a few days for them to get used to it. good luck!! its kinda fun
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2009