We are moving to a new apt in a week (same city) when should I put in a change of address?

n_o71605

Asked by n_o71605 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• as soon as you know your new address do it the day you find out
    most post offices say at least 6 weeks before moving
    i know in apartments that isnt always a possiblitly
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i would start doing that soon as in like maybe today or 2morrow. because even when you do the address change, you will still recive mail at your current address and not all mail will be fowarded to the new address. just to be safe u get all your mail, thats what i would do. and by the time you move, you should be recieving all your mail. hope this helps.
    Jmain8

Answer by Jmain8 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• RIGHT AWAY. I moved to a different place and i just went back to my old place for like a week to check the mail also. You should also leave a note with your new address for the mail person.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/flow.do?_flowExecutionKey=_c2E740D77-300C-379B-1915-6149747726C7_k086DDD31-537B-5419-2135-C4EF75D35CBD

If you use this link, you can change your address now but pick the day you actually want your mail to start getting forwarded. You can pick the exact day you move in if you'd like. It's through the USPS so the switch actually happens when you want it to.

I used it a couple months ago when I moved and as soon as my address was confirmed (about a day) my mail began getting forwarded.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 9:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• NOW!!!! It should be done atleast 2 weeks before at minimum. If you have magazines, then you need to contact them with a change of address too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2009