Should I get her a gift?

I baby sit 6 and 8 year old step sisters. The oldest sister had her party at Sweet and Sassys so I wasn't invited obviously. I didn't get her a present bc we were broke. Now her sister is having a party at the house and I am invited. We are still broke but should I try to get her something. Or should I not even come? I feel bad bc they got my son a present even though they couldn't make it to his party.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would just have your son make her something even if it's just a card, or just give her like $5 or $10 in a card. even though its not much and just tell her mom that you are really struggling right now and if you had the money you would get her something else, I'm sure they will understand

charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 9:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• We have alot of birthdays in our family, I have 20 grandkids, not to mention neices and nephews! If one of us can't afford a gift at that time, that's fine. We don't exclude anyone because they are having it hard at that time. The kids don't notice, because if they get 5-10 gifts they don' t even know who got them something and who didn't. I would go to the party and take your kids, but not worry about the gift, or if you can just get something small, like coloring book and crayons, or a card with $5 in it. Kids that age love cash and they don't even realize it's not alot! Basically I'm trying to say just do what you can and still enjoy the party.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2009