pregnancy test question?

i took a pregnancy test with an ovulation test together in the same cup,(dont ask), but i have heard that an ovulation test can cause a false positive? is this true and how?

mommyoffour0202

Asked by mommyoffour0202 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• idk lol
    i do know that you can have a fertilized agg get a positive but it never stick so you arent pregnant
    if you got a positive test then id call the dr and confirm it .. congrats and good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I have always been told that "there is no such thing as a false positive, only a false negative" when it comes to pregnancy tests. I don't know that for a fact, but with my personal experience, I took ovulation test and pregnancy tests (not in same cup though) and my pregnancy test showed a very very faint line that it was positive, so then I took 4 more preg tests and they all showed the faint line, so finally I just went and bought one of the tests that read "pregnant" "not pregnant" and it showed up pregnant!! My advice would be to get one of those that read it out, then there is no guessing with lines, false positives (if there are them), etc. Mine was so faint because I was only 1 to 2 weeks along when I found out, which made for a long pregnancy! lol. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• egg not agg lol
    Mrs.Owen86

• those digital ones just remember that they require more HCG so you may get a positive with a line test but a negitive with those
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• that shouldent efect the results to the pt if you think so just take another or go to the docs well good luck and godbless
    SkyeMartin

Answer by SkyeMartin at 9:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would just go in to the doctors. I had 4 false posative tests. It was a pain but just go in it dosnt hurt to conferm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2009