Do you know a good way to tell them/him?

Okay, I am a mom of three. All of my pregnancies were pretty expected. We were both very fertile and only took one time of trying to get pregnant, so there was never the surprise for my husband when I told him. We have been ttc our last child since November and for some reason I think it has finally worked. Can any of you think of a cute or special way I could tell him? I want it to be memorable. Also, I would like to tell my family much later in the pregnancy.....I have my reasons. Anyway, would it be wrong to not tell them until I started to show? Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get a shirt for your yougest that says I'm gonna be a big brother (or sister if shes a girl lol). See how long before he puts it together!!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• one of my friends put the test on the bathroom counter and put notes leading to the bathroom so he would get a few hints and then go in the bathroom and find the test
    charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 9:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I don't have any fun/cool ways to tell people- I'm a mom of three and non of them were expected so my way of telling their dads was "well, guess who knocked me up?" lol

I do, on the other hand, fully understand not wanting to tell your family just yet. Our reasons are probably totally different, and they don't really matter lol. I don't actually plan to tell my parents. I plan to wait till I'm the size of an Orca whale and let them figure it out themselves.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with waiting to tell your family- this is your baby, your life, your very own family- that should come before them, no matter how great your parents might be. Y'know?

GOOD LUCK! I really hope I helped at least a little. CONGRATS!!
    Mor-Forwyn

Answer by Mor-Forwyn at 10:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Go buy a new baby outfit (just a onesie or socks or full outfit; whatever you can afford), wrap it up really pretty & give it to him. Plan a special dinner or dessert after the older kids are in bed so it just between the 2 of you. I did this when I told DH we were having a girl. He knew we were expecting but couldn't make the ultrasound. I stopped & bought a little pink outfit (we already had a DD & DS) & gave it to him.

I totally understand not wanting to tell your family yet. It is your life, your family, your body, your baby & you absolutely have the right to keep it to yourself. But you might want to hold off on telling your kids for a while, too. If your kids are like mine, no secret is safe!!

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Buy a blue onesie and a pink onesie. Ask him which one he prefers!

I told hubby last time by handing him the paper my dr's office wrote me saying I had a positive test. He stood there, reading it and nodding, then he stopped nodding for a second before nodding again. It was so funny to watch!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I bought my husband a tiny pair of white baby booties in a keepsake box, wrapped it up and tied it with a ribbon, then gave it to him as a gift.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2009