Would you pay her?

Ok, my "Mother" signed on a car for me a few years ago. Eventually, I couldnt pay anymore, so I had to give it back. She turned it in to be auctioned and I owe her $7000. Almost a year ago, she stabbed me in the back and testified against me in a child custody hearing for my son. No reason behind it, not that she cared to explain to me! Ofcourse, I won the case because it was based on BS! Now, my DH has won some money from a lawsuit (technically not mine), and she wants "her" money..... Would you pay? She hurt me bad and all she cares about is her credit =P

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• not your money then you have no riht to give it toher she can wait
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Credit is an important thing. You signed and said you would pay for that care and you didn't. Maybe that's why she did what she did..ever think about that? You said you were going to pay for that and you didn't and put it on her. That's pretty crappy. Yes, you should pay her. Otherwise she can sue you.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yes pay her! you completly screwed HER over first with the car!
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 10:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• That is crappy about the child custody thing. But you made a promise to her when she signed. You owe her that money. And yes, credit is very very important. This doesn't have anything to do with the custody issue. This is business, you owe her that money. You should have been making monthly payments to her still even if it was just 20 bucks. Pay her back while you and your husband have that money. And if your married- its both of your money. Unless you bank separately and signed a prenuptial agreement.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• heck no don't pay her. And i would not talk to anyone who would do something like that to me what if you got your child taken away cause of her its no joke the custody thing yeah its important about credit and all that but not more important than a child and if she did that just to get back at you is she out of her mind. In my opinion let her sue you she'll probably end up paying most of it in fees then.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 10:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Um yeah..you owe her money.
    YuppyMom

Answer by YuppyMom at 10:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Pay her.....or do you want to be like her too..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You owe her the money. If she decided to take you to court for it you would lose in a heartbeat. Credit is so important, you should just want to pay her so you don't ruin it. You wouldn't like it if she ruined yours and then didn't pay you back.
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I AM THE KIND OF MOTHER WHO WOULD NEVER TAKE BACK PAY FROM MY KIDS, WHAT IS MINE IS THEIRS, AND VICE VERSA. BUT YOU DID SCREW UP HER CREDIT, YOU SHOULD AT LEAST MAKE AN ATTEMPT AT PAYING HER BACK REGARDLESS OF WHAT SHE DID.

Answer by older at 10:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Sorry, but it may not be your money to spend, depends on your state laws (common law versus community property). I am assuming that money was from some sort of accident and he needed care at that time. You may actually need that money to continue his care or catch up on your own utility and housing bills, which is what the judgement was for, not to pay off back debts. Yes, you should be paying your mom back but not neccessarily from a lawsuit your husband won. As long as you are paying her something, is the key. Whatever she did to you, doesn't come into it. She could go and have your wages garnished I assume, to get more if she wanted.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2009