Would you pay her?

Ok, my "Mother" signed on a car for me a few years ago. Eventually, I couldnt pay anymore, so I had to give it back. She turned it in to be auctioned and I owe her $7000. Almost a year ago, she stabbed me in the back and testified against me in a child custody hearing for my son. No reason behind it, not that she cared to explain to me! Ofcourse, I won the case because it was based on BS! Now, my DH has won some money from a lawsuit (technically not mine), and she wants "her" money..... Would you pay? She hurt me bad and all she cares about is her credit =P

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• no lol i wouldn't but oh well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would just to get her outta my life!
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 10:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• If you owe her the money and you have it, I would pay her as its the right thing to do. It will also shut her up and keep her out of your life.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would pay her and then tell her to stay out of my life. Just my opinion.
    kywildcats

Answer by kywildcats at 10:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• If you are able to pay her I would go ahead and pay her just to shut her up. I can't believe your mother would go against you in a child custody issue.....I'd be hurt and not want her in my life, so if you go ahead and pay her the money you can tell her to get out of your life! But if you really don't have an extra $7,000 to give her, then oh well....just tell her you can't afford it ...but still stay out of your life....tell her you'll look her up when you do have the money!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• If you can afford to pay her, I would, b/c otherwise it seems she's the type that will sue you to get it anyway. Then, after you pay her, just tell her to get lost. If you can't afford to pay her...well, you can't give her what you don't have, can you? She'll just have to deal with it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would just shut this woman OUT of your life! Sounda kinda like my mom LoL IGNORE her phone calls, visits and whatever else you can do!
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 11:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yeah I have to agree, I would pay her, get a signed receipt showing you paid her and she accepted and considers the matter closed, then I would simply not speak to her again! She sounds like the kind of person who wouldn't hesitate to sue you for it, especially if she knows your family recently got some money!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• One has nothing to do with the other; you do owe her the money.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You owe an honest debt to your mother, your feelings toward her do not cancel out the debt. Pay her and move on.
    ZarsMom

Answer by ZarsMom at 2:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009