What should I do? My 13 year old has a boyfriend and

I know it is going to happen, I don't necessarily agree with it, but what am I going to do? I see it all the time, which makes me laugh, parents saying not my son or not my daughter, and down the park it is your son or your daughter-(not all parents), hugging and kissing boys or girls-I don't want to pretend, or act like this is not happening- I tell her constantly your to young for a Boyfriend, you may have friends but not boyfriends. Well Her Friend bought her a flower. I say it is ok to have friends, dads says only girl friends. WHAT IS MOM TO DO?

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• You are her PARENT. Tell her no.
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 10:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• First of all were there is boys there is sex..Put her on birth cotrol,, NOW..I agree with LKRA....
    What she does at school you can't do much about but at home you are in charge.

Answer by louise2 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• the only thing you really can do is tell her no and talk to her good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• YOU AND DAD CAN SAY NO UNTIL YOU ARE BLUE IN THE FACE AND WHEN THOSE HORMONES HIT THERE GOES YOUR AUTHORITY. THINK BACK WHEN YOU WERE THAT AGE AND YOU FOUND A BOY YOU REALLY LIKED, WOULD YOUR PARENTS AUTHORITY HAVE STOPPED THOSE FEELINGS? IT IS PART OF GROWING UP AND LEARN FROM EXPERIENCE, YOU CAN'T SHELTER THEM FROM THEMSELVES. SHE MIGHT BE YOUNG TRUE, BUT AS A PARENT ALL YOU CAN DO IS SUPERVISE, AND ALLOW HER TO EXPERIENCE THE WONDERFUL FEELING INVOLVED.

Answer by older at 10:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I wasnt allowed to date til I was 16. Keep her from going with him places. It sucks and she's going to be pissed off. But really, I love my mom now for keeping me from dating until I was 16. I feel like I had some innocence longer.
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Your right about me being the parent, but a parent I know of tells her daughter no, and she is the one getting grinded on at the park-I SAID SOMETHING TO HER, she is church going and all.

DO YOU THINK NO IS GOING TO STOP THEM, UMM THINK AGAIN, WERE YOU A TEEN? My daughter has never been caught doing anything wrong. Thank goodness, but she is well aware of all the severe things that could happen if she chooses to have sex-and she is also aware of herpes and everything, hopefully she will be smart about it.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• LKRA< trust me I know about parenting, and this is my first teen, by my second I should be a pro-as a mom. Not tooting my own horn, but I love to learn, and will do what is best for my daughter.

I AM NOT GOING TO PRETEND THAT GIRLS IN HER SCHOOL ARE NOT HAVING SEX, ARE NOT USING DRUGS, PLEASE I LIVED IN THE CITY AND SUBURB. THANK GOODNESS I CHOOSE NOT TO.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• never let them be alone too far far from an adult!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• #1 rule she is not alowed at anyones house, with out me knowing who and speaking to the parents.

#2 she can go to the park, but when I call she comes home (it is right down the park).

#3 Never ever will I leave her alone with any Boy. LOLOL

I SAY NO BOYFRIEND TO ALL THE PARENTS WHO DIDN'T READ, ONLY FRIENDS. I AM NOT GOING TO SAY YOU CAN'T TALK TO BOYS-LIKE THAT WILL HAPPEN. GO TO THE BUBBLE, BECAUSE IT DOES NOT HAPPEN.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Open up your house for her friends and no door closing but stay out of their way for them to be together as a group. Don't let them hang at malls since they can't drive they shouldn't be able to go. Young teens are the primary age to just hang hang hang. Be sure to have good food encouraging them to eat while they're at your house - let them put together their own meals no matter what it is. I agree with LKRA saying no to dating at that age far far too young for sure!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2009