What are some of the rules that u have for your children??

I remember when I was a little girl I was not allow to run in the house, play in the living room and talking back was a definite "no-no" ( the list goes on) but I've noticed that some parents are laxed when it comes to rules for their kids. I demand that my child respect the house and property of others but a few weeks ago my niece, nephew and SIL dropped by and the kids just tore through my house and ran up and down the stairs as if they were out side. I was shocked that my SIL said nothing .

What are some of your rules??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have non at the moment.My daughter is 2 and I allow her to color on her walls..I woulnt say allow but i dont freak out. she can run also..I dont have things thatill break and lots of open space.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Same here respect your items, furniture and your home. No outdoor items allowed to be played in doors, also, no eating anywhere but in the kitchen. The only time and my kids no it , is movie night and parties. I taught them young, but you have to remember one thing that I learned recently our view of clean, may be diffrent from their view of clean, so you have to show them what you expect, and the kids know, my house rules apply to any kids that come in my home, so next time, you let them know these are the house rules before they get comfortable. Your kids will be like why can they do it and I can't. House rules go for anyone in your home-relative or not.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Mine are basic. No food in their rooms. No soda. Bedtime is the same every night. They can wrestle but they have to do it in their room. We don't really have a set of rules, we just kinda go with the flow and let them know if they are doing something they shouldn't then they know not to do it again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• we kinda have some of the same rules as others like no outside toys inside and vise versa...i dont mine much right now (he' 2) that he runs and jumps around the house. it bothers me more on the safety side more than rule side right now. we usually have a bedtime and for the most part only eating in the kitchen unless its a small snack like crackers. The only major rules we have are safety ones...not touching outlets or the tv. or playing on the stairs. i am sure there will be more as he gets older.
    Anonymous

• Mine are pretty basic around the house too. No food in their bedrooms is a big one. They have (small) chores they have to do, too. And general respect for people. To everyone who lives or comes here.

When we are out, in public or at someones house, they have to BEHAVE! Period. They are not at home and they know that. They are very good when they are out and I've actually had a cousin comment they were the most well behaved kids he's ever had stay overnight at his house. (proud mama moment!)
    Anonymous

• We have the usual, no running in the house, no screaming like your outside, no toys in the living room (we have a playroom) we also have a drink rule. If you have a drink and finish it put your dirty cup on the counter, if you do no finish it put in the fridge.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2009