Did Joseph Smith or Bringham Young say that there are men living on the moon who dress like Quakers and live to be nearly 1000 years old?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 11:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• A lot of what Brigham said that was taught as doctrine isnt anymore. Its now just considered his opinion not directly from heaven.

This is where you get a lot of people upset because you cant say its doctrine and teach it as such for years and years and it was sent by god one minute and then take it back and say nope, just his opinion isnt true.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• josepsh smith said a lot of things...and when asked to say them again for proof he chagned his story cause he couldnt remember it all. he's a quack in my book
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I had never heard about this until today, and was wondering if one of them did say it, but after finding out the moon was uninhabited, they changed it?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Id have to look it up, its not something thats taught in the church LOL. Ive never heard of that at all.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i dont remember exacts. been awahile since i studied this. but he had some tablets that he translated...then the ppl asid well if your true translate again exactly (he had it written down but theyt ook those so they could compare his next one)

and suddently he said well sicne you dont have faith it has to change....cause he couldnt remember the entire book he wrote previouisly and it awsnt divine , just him trying to get attention. so they said ohh well that makes sense. your a prophet an dthey believed him even though he couldnt quote anything from his first "bible" and book that he wrote. seems like obvious mumbo jumbo tome
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Here I found this after a quick look...it was Brigham Young looks like.

http://nowscape.com/mormon/mormons5.htm
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Thank Amaranth! Your statement about teaching anything as doctrine and then taking it back is totally spot on.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You are welcome. Probably get protests later LOL but such is how it is.

Like I said, I was never taught that about the moon. Kolob yes(its in the website too but I didnt go over it well)but not moon stuff LOL. And when I was growing up his Journal of Discourses was used as lessons and such as was the Mormon Doctrine by McConkie. It wasnt until a few years ago that people started saying they werent doctrine just opinions and some were poo-poo'd,etc especially McConkies stuff.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Wow, thanks Amaranth for posting that stuff. You are not a mormon anymore?

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• No, I had my name removed from the church records. I was born and raised(family still super active)in the church, served a mission and all that but things and time change.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2009