Suburb or City where do TEENS learn more about drugs and sex?

Suburbia-You learn in homes- I have been to more house parties when I moved to the suburbs, parents buy cars for their kids and their smoking weed in them at lunch time, parents leave food money when they go on vacation, and kids are buying kegs, and charging 5 to 10 dollars for each person making a profit.

City-You learn on the streets-parks, rail road tracks, school yards, you go in anyones house and disrespect them the parents will kick the kids butt, and yours. It is rare to find a kid that is willing to take a chance, and when they do it is the same, you get charged for each person.

This is my expeirence and just for fun, take it as you like-

EVERYONE VIEWS THINGS DIFFRENTLY, BUT WAKE UP CITY OR NOT IT HAPPENS EVERYWHERE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Both,You can not say either one is safer then the other..IMO

Answer by louise2 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• The country -- middle of nowhere -- rural areas.

Why?

'Cause there's nothing else to do but drugs & sex.

I went to a highschool with a grand total of 200 students. We shared our gym, library, & cafeteria with the middle school next door --- I'm talking SMALL.

The school had to buy a home across the street from campus to house a daycare for the students' kids just so they could keep enough students to keep the school open.

I'm also fairly certain I'm the only one at that school who wasn't smoking pot. (it was more fun to wait 'til my friends got high then start messing with their heads LOL)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I agree with the rural areas as well..

I think they learn a lot just by attending school.....schools every where...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I agree with Laura, I live in a SMALL town, In my graduating class of 56 people, there were 5 pregnant girls ( I was one of them) and 2 that already had kids. We didnt have a mall, a theatre or anything else like that around us, so everyone hung out in wal mart parking lot and the park. to get high and have sex. It is not something i am proud of but thats just the way it is in the country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Definitely the country. Out of 100 freshman who walked into the front door of my high school, I can name 6 who had babies by age 17 (including me), plus several others who left & never returned but were rumored to be expecting. This was a place where it was never a question that a party would have a keg, never mind that nobody was 18, let alone 21. There was just nothing to do besides party & have sex (those country back roads are good for that). No movie theatre, no mall, not even cable tv in most areas. I moved away years ago & despite the fact that my mom & in-laws still live in the area, I refuse to move back & raise my children there.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I moved from a high school with about 4,000 kids to one with about 500. I always felt that sex and drugs were more the norm in the city. Maybe it was just the values. But they were available in both! It's all a matter of how you raise your kids. If they understand the issues that face their peers, and they have been properly educated in the consequences, MAYBE they will turn out better? (I have a lot of friends with teenage kids. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, they will have to learn the lessons themselves!) My kids are still young. It's interesting to think about how they'll turn out!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• The way I have seen it:
    City-more poverty I believe and people are more open-kids do more outside, then on the Down Low.

Suburbs-money talks-they buy drugs, have sex, and use alchol just as much as city kids sometimes even more but they hide everything.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• We just moved from Los Angeles to a very small town of 18k. I have not seen one teen mom in my new town they were the norm in the part of LA I lived in. Drugs are not common here they were again the norm in LA. The high school has a 100 percent graduation rate in the small town. They were lucky to have 35-40 percent graduate at the high school near us. The parents where we lived in California were not involved and let the kids do what they want. Where we live now SAHM's are the norm. Cost of living is low and dads are home in the evenings so the kids have mom and dad in their life. I think in areas has some impact each town has a culture that is unique to that town. Some encourage parents to be involved and in their teens lives others not so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• ANON-I am not saying Cities are not harder to avoid-pregnancys and all, but just so you recognize as I said in the SUBURBS IT IS HIDDEN.

I was 17 in High school, a girl I knew who was 18 had at least 3 abortions, sometimes city kids think having a kid is cool, but in Suburbia it is not looked at like that. check abortion rates, city kids tend to probably have more kids, where surbaban use abortions like birth control.
    Anonymous

• I am from a small boring town in Wisconsin and now I live in Las Vegas, and I completely agree with Laura! Out in the country, there is nothing to do but have sex and get into trouble!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009