how do I deal with my fiances mom and sister

Where do I begin? First i want to say I love this guy and his two boys with all my heart and could not imagine life without them! My family dearly loves them as well, no problems there. But his mom has always had her favorite, his sister, she would move the planet for this girl, They live together in the same town as us, we have'nt seen his sister for over a year, not even on special occaisions, she won't wave , speak, answeer phone calls, nothing! We see his mom about once every month or so, and when we do see her, she seems tortuered to be here. his mom also has her favorite grankids, which is her daughters 2 girls and one of my fiances son, his other son is completely ignored from her. my fiances dad passed away 4 years ago from cancer, and his mom is dating a guy, the problem is everyone else knew about this guy, except for my fiance, she told him over the phone 2 months later, with no compassion for his feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• If she is a women that acts like that then you should be lucky you only see her once a month as long as you show equal love to his kids as for grandma you can't teach old dog new tricks I would just let it go you will have these people in you life I wouldnt start anything with them cuz you might get more drama then you asked for.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• About the part were you said grandma only likes one of your DF boys....If my parent did not treat my children alike,,They would not see either child or give gifts to either one..
    The reason they are acting this way is because you are is second (to be wife).. I see this in our family all the time.

Answer by louise2 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Accept her as she is and stay away from her and the sister as best you can. You can have a full life without them.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You are married to the son not the sister or mother. Don't worry about them. Be nice when you have to but otherwise don't worry about it.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• If they are going to act like that-- to heck with them, I would ignore them and not contact them anymore. You don't need their crap, favoritism and drama in your life. They don't want to have anything to do with your so and kids - it is THEIR loss! Since your family loves your so and kids - do things with your family instead.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• don't worry about them...I know it hurts to see your dh being ignored by his family but what can you about it? Something had to happen to have this happening in your lives but whatever it is, its between your dh and his family. The best thing you can do for your dh is to support him through this time and not get yourself upset over it...as far as the grandmother choosing favorites with your step kids, you should bring this to your dh's attention because it can leave a devastating impact on the one she ignores.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Sounds like my MIL. We moved 800 miles away.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2009