Could I be pregnant?

I missed my period last month (June). July 6, Monday I spotted, real light. And that was it. Nothing. I have felt nauseated and more tired than usual. 20 years ago I had my tubes tied. Could it be possible after 20 years I could be pregnant? Or could it be menopause? I am 43.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 43 seems a bit young for menopause but that could be it. A tubal ligation does have a failure rate but it would be strange that it would fail after 20 years. Still, I read something where it said that some doctors would actually "tie" the tubes & they could work themselves out over time. I think nowadays, they actually cut the tubes & cauterize the ends so that can't happen. I would take an HPT just to be sure. Either way, I would contact your doctor. If you are pregnant, you will need prenatal care. If you are starting menopause, you will want your doctor's advice. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Why don`t you take a pregnancy test ?It sounds to me that you maybe are pregnant.
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My mom is going through menopause and its the complete opposite- she'll bleed heavy for about 2-3 weeks then be off for a week then bleeding real heavy again for another couple weeks (like heavy enough to change a super plus tampon about every half hour. THen she'll be normal again for two-three months and it will start all over again. But she doesn't skip like that. She's 47. I would take a test to be sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You could possibly be!! I have an aunt that had her tubes tied and became preg. Yes! it was a suprise to EVERYONE!! We all asked How can this happen. Remember, anything is possble. but on the other hand, if you have had any kind of serious surgeries then it can be the dreaded M word. My Grandmother started going through menopause when she was 33 years old. i would check with a doctor.
    ClassyMaye

Answer by ClassyMaye at 11:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Possibly..anything is possible. =) My sister-in-law was a miracle "tubes-tied baby" hence why my husband and his sister are 15 years apart! =)p
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 12:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2009