• In the Spotlight:

What does skin cancer look like?

Does it itch? I have got sunburned over the years as a child and as an adult. Since I have kids of my own now I have been really good about the sunscreen. However, twice this year my chest still got sunburned back to back. It has been almost two weeks and I have this spot that looks like a blister but isn't and it itches really bad. It can't be busted. It is hard. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Health

• Please go to a dermatol. They can take care of it and give your guidance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Make an appointment with you regular doctor just for this and ask her to tell you what it is. I know it costs, at least the co-pay even if you haveinsurance, but the peace of mind if nothing is wrong will be worth it, and if something is wrong, you will have caught it early enough to be treated easily. It doesn't sound like sking cancer to me, but I'm not a medical professional so see your doctor.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• See a doctor...

Answer by rkoloms at 12:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• depends on what form of skin cancer it is. skin cancer can take on the form you are describing especially if it never heals. have it looked at. :)
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would also have it looked at. In fact, I have had things like this looked at as I am fair skinned and burn easily. I am also a worry wart. If nothing else they can put your mind at ease.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 6:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2009