should i get my 10 month old a blood test for lead, or is it an unnecessary poke?...

dribblegiggle

Asked by dribblegiggle at 11:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's important to have it done if you live in an older home or if the child is cared for in an older home. It's a tiny poke. My kids never cried.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Do you live in an old house? If you think that your house is old enough that you might have lead in the paint or if you think that your child was exsposed to lead paint somewhere else then I would tell you to get the test done. Better to be safe than sorry. I got mine tested.
    Sara722

Answer by Sara722 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Hmm, i've never done that
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My daughter had hers done at 1 year. It wasn't a finger poke, it was a blood draw and she hated it. The doctor said it's routine.
    Anonymous

• Personally....I would do it. Google lead poisoning and see how many children it has proven to be fatal for. IMO, worth it for a fairly easy and quick office procedure.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 6:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• its absolutely necessary. i think it should be done more often.
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 7:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2009