What do you think about this song that was sang at MJ's memorial?

"Soon and very soon,
we are going to see the King.
Soon and very soon,
we are going to see the King.
Hallelujah, hallelujah,
we are going to see the King."

This is a Christian song. I'm slightly annoyed that this Christian song sang for Jesus was being sung in honor of Michael. Does this affect anyone else? Am I reading into this too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• To you he didn't matter but to those that put the Service and his Fan's and His Family it was an honor to sing that song in memory of him. If you were going to be annoyed then you should have just turned off the tv.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yes that was a song for Jesus he is the ONLY KING... MJ is going to have to stand before the Lord just like anyone eles. Like i said that made me sad and the is only one KING and he is the KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OF LORDS.. his name is JESUS CHRIST...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I'm the OP...

It was plastered everywhere. I didn't watch any part of the memorial. Of all the songs they could have chosen....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• That is the chior that sang back up on Man in the Mirror. They had a personal attachment to MJ. And although the song was written for religious reasons, as has been covered in this section many times, it's not always the original meaning of something that matters (ex: Christmas Trees, Easter Eggs) but how it is used and seen at the time of it's use. Being that he was seen as the King of Pop, I felt it was very fitting, and a beautiful tribute.

As a non-Christian I never thought twice about it. Many of those in his family are very religious and must have seen nothing wrong with it either. To me MJ was truely an awesome man. I felt a connection to him that I can only imagine one would have felt to Martin Luther King Jr. or other coragous leaders. It is a great loss in my eyes, and I was happy to hear them show him that amount of honor.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Is this a serious question??? Geez...I am a Christian through and through, and absolutely no part of that memorial service or any of the songs sung offended me in any way. And come to think of it, I seriously doubt that it offended our Lord Jesus Christ either. IT was a song....sung for a man who is no longer with us....his family are in mourning, his friends are in mourning, and his fans are in mourning.....why would someone seriously focus in on ONE song and take its meaning when sung to MJ completely out of context???? At my church, we sing lots of Christian songs to Jesus....sometimes, after someone passes, a particular one of the songs is requested to be song at the funeral service.......How is this any different?????
    Jesus knows the hearts of these people...we don't....stop trying to answer for Jesus Christ.....let HIM be the judge of judges.... GO IN PEACE MICHAEL
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I wasn't judging anyone.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above lighthousemom3 She said it well!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I watched parts of the service and at first when I heard the choir singing it.. i was bothered. However, soon and very soon we are going to see the "King" is about Jesus not MJ. Services are usually for the people left and to bring comfort and closure. Not sure if u watched the ending. It was a Christian pastor who said a wonder non-pc, generic, leave Jesus out prayer. But he closed it with - "And now the King of Pop will bow down to the King of Kings. ..In the name of Jesus Christ." Amen.

Other songs also pointed to Jesus... Lionel Richie sang about Jesus.

The pastor who opened and closed was a close family friend and a Christian pastor. Listening to I believe Marlon speak and talk about the "Lord" tells me this pastor has had some influence in someones life. And we do not know because none of us were there but Michael may have came to the saving knowledge of Jesus before he died. And that's what matters.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• BTW - instead of tearing apart the services etc. How about praying for MJ's children and family.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Didnt bother me. I just figure it had meaning to him and the family so why would it bother me or why would I care?

I only saw bits and pieces of the memorial but from what I saw and heard on news sources all the songs sung were either ones he did or favorites of his. Which, imo, is fitting for a memorial service.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009