Do you snoop through your kids room and stuff?

My son is only a year, so I have a years before I have to worry about this. But do you snoop through your teens room? I just remember snooping through my older brothers rooms when I was younger and finding so many bad things.

I mean you can never trust your teen 100% right?

So do you snoop- or are naive and just trust them?

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I snoop through every thing in my house every thing. it's bad to have hindsight after something itself bad. I don't tell them I snoop but they know it's my house and my rules are followed or by by by.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I believe no matter how well we raise our kids or even how well we supervise our kids that there is always temptation and other influences out there that our kids could be in trouble and we might not even know it! So yes I do from time to time, I do trust my girls but not a 100 percent! I want to know what is going on so I can help them! Now I wouldn't let them know that I do this unless I were to find drugs or something like that! I believe that this is the right thing to do!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I do not and would not snoop unless I was very concerned that something was wrong and that they would not open up to me.I stay in tuned with good communication with my kids and involved in their daily lives that I really wouldn't have to snoop.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I don't snoop, if they give me a reason for concern then they know that nothing is off limit's. I believe children should have some privacy...they are not entitled to it like they seem to think they should be, but that as people it is resonable for then to have a little bit of privacy. So, so long as they acting reasonably then I will give them some.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I check his phone and MySpace once in a while, but I trust my son.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I snoop, and I trust my son. Its my job.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 1:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i oly have to snoop when the room smells it can be bad ugh food they forget about
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• When the time comes, yes, but I'm not going to be snooping, because he is going to know that I'm doing it.
    The only privacy allowed in this house is in the bathroom.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 1:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My son is only 9..not quite a teen yet but yes, I look though his room.I'm not sure if I'd call it snoopoing because to snoop would mean that they don't know about it,right?lol.My son KNOWS I will look though his stuff. For example...we are moving so I'm doing a lot of packing right now,he's gone in Nevada visiting with his father so I packed my sons whole room up. I found a small pile of homeowork that he never did! UGH! I was so mad!lol.. I argued with his teacher saying"my kid ALWAYS does his homework" yadda yadda yadda...ugh, I feel like such an ass now,lol. I mailed him the homework in Nevada.Although its summer and he wont get credit for it, I'm making sure he does it.So now..I will be looking even MORE thouroughly through his things.As long as my children live in my house, I have the right to do "room raids" LOL. There is a tight line between giving them privacy and checking for no-no's.Do what ya gotta do as a parent.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think that unless you have gone back and checked behind your kids, you just think you can trust them. Kids know how to make you think everything's fine. I worked at our high school and the things you would hear even the 'best' kids say about hiding things from their parents would turn you into a licensed PI in your own home. I'm sure these kids' parents think they can trust their kids, but they don't hear what they say behind their backs.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 1:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2009