Need baby shower ideas!

So my sister in law is having her first baby October 1st and I have decided to throw her a baby shower! She is having a girl!!! But.... I need ideas on invitation wording, games, foods to serve, etc... we are having it on a saturday around noon.... I wanted to have a contest where anyone who brings diapers or wipes gets entered to win something cool... that way she will have a stock pile of diapers!
Any ideas that you have to offer are MUCH appreciated!!!!
Thanks in advance!

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My friend had it set up that for every bag of diaper and wipe combo you bring you will be put in a drawing for $50 cash and every outfit you bring you are put in a drawing for a coach purse you might not be able to do the coach purse or $50 but it can give you an idea.
    Games I have played are the match the baby animal name to its mommy
    baby item word search, one thats my favorat was take small bottles and freeze them in ice and you have to get them out using only your body heat, take and place a bunch of baby items on a tray and let people look at it for lie 2 mins and give them a piece of paper and they have to write down as many items they can remember the one with the most wins, Two people hold a clothesline, while each attendee takes a turn hanging up baby clothes. The trick is that they have to hang the clothes while holding the baby and talking on a cordless phone! The one who can hang the most clothes in one minute
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Go to one of the baby websites - Baby Zone, Baby Center, etc., they have all kinds of good shower ideas.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• www.orientaltrading.com is the bomb! I love that website! It has great ideas with awesome prices. My relatives and I used them several times with no problems. =) I usually "google" for ideas, so here are some websites I've found for you. =)

www.babyshower101.com
    www.101babyshowerideas.com
    www.creative-baby-shower-ideas.com

Have fun planning! =)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 12:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Match the famous moms name to their child's name, you could get a bunch of onesies and some puff paint and let the people decorate then you know how baby's are they go through a ton of clothes everyday .

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• the grosses game that i played is guess the babyfood..a nd you took the label off and had little bit on plate to try....vegg. fruit.. extra.. the best game i liked was tring to see how big you thought she was with pice of string.. have fun
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 1:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2009