Has anybody ever read the book Silent Knife, and has anyone considered or had a successful VBAC?

I'm curious because I'm a huge promoter of natural childbirth, and had both my kids naturally, one in the hospital and one at home. Just wondering if there are any others out there?

EmKirk

Asked by EmKirk at 11:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had two successful VBACs.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i had an induced labor when i was 8 days overdue and then ended up with an emergency c section after 28 hours of labor that didnt go anywhere. it turned out to be a good thing that i got the c section cuz they said if HAD gotten his head out i never would have gotten his chest out, it was the biggest chest they had ever seen on a baby! lemme tell you though that boy about walked out of there lol he was 9lbs 14oz and 23" long and could hold his head up by himself from the minuit he was born lol. im hoping for a vbac this time, but its only been 15 months since my c section so im not the best candidate but my dr said she would let me try if everything goes well. wish me luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 12:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I had a successful VBAC. Pregnancy/labor/birth all went great, no complications at all. My daughter had to spend 10 days in the NICU, but nothing to do with method of delivery. I didn't read any books specifically about VBACs, and I did have an epidural, but it was still a great experience.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2009