why r men scared?

i read something online that sad "the father to be is most likely scared of the baby" to me that sounds crazy! so i asked my bf if he was Going to be scared of the baby and he said "HELL YEA!" Why would he be scared?
did this happen to anyone else?

Mamicela87

Asked by Mamicela87 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I guess bc men are so strong and masculine and babies are so small and fragile.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I asked my husband and this is what he told me. With our first child he was afraid he would hurt her if he picked her up, she was only 6lbs and he is a big guy. Plus he didn't want to fail as a father. When our twins came their size was a issue as well 3lbs each.
    Anonymous

• I think men aren't as inclined to be around small babies as women are. I mean really, how many men do you see out that are holding or cooing over a baby that isn't theirs. I know it sounds a little ridiculous, But women are just raised around that scenario. We play with dolls as little girls, we can't wait to get our hands on a baby we see, and we have that whole instant maternal instinct that takes over the minute the baby is born. Men are just different. They feel all big and sometimes clumsy around something so tiny and innocent. Don't worry, he'll get over it once the baby comes and he bonds with it.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I was thinking that perhaps it is somehow related to the fact that as mothers we have the nurture part built into us....that and we usually have more experience with babies through having younger siblings that we have helped with and/or babysitting long before we actually have our own children. Once the baby gets big enough to flash him a smile and focus on him a bit....he'll come around.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009