Weight Loss: What is working or has worked for you?

Suggestions, ideas, diets, tips, supplements, ect!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Not eating! Which I'm not good at, so I guess that's why I'm fat!
    meeshie

Answer by meeshie at 11:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I just read this, and it is helping me.
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Is this a book?
    Anonymous

• I had been trying to do the Special K diet, where you eat their cereal for breakfast and lunch, and then a normal dinner. But, then I read in Woman's World, that it works better if you go back and forth between 3 different cereals, as long as they are less than 160 calories per serving and have....I think it was at least 5g of protien. I started trying it that way (doing just Special K got boring real quick), and I've lost 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks. It's a quick, easy meal, no fussing, no measuring really. My kids can eat it with me, and there's enough variety that I don't get bored. Plus, when I shop each week, I can always pick up another kind of cereal to inject more variety. And it's a heck of a lot cheaper than frozen lean cuisine or Nutrisystem or some of those. And that 6 lbs is JUST the cereal change; I haven't even started exercising yet, but I am going to.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• No, just an Anthony Robbins quote. From the book Awaken the Giant Within. I bought it from Goodwill. He actually has some good stuff to say. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i love the south beach diet, and also the slim fast plan... both are fairly cheap, i only noticed about a $20 a month differance over my normal groceries with the slim fast...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Also, a great diet site is www.livestrong.com

SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 12:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• South Beach Diet worked really well for me. I supplement it with my daily exercise, which is walking. Sometimes I'd also go to the gym and go swimming.
    Anonymous

• drink water

regular exercise - even walking is good - as long as your heart rate is up for at least 30minutes you're on the right track.

swimming is good

suck in your tummy...amazingly it does give the abs a bit of a workout.

don't eat 3hours prior to bedtime.

make breakfast your big meal, lunch a mid size meal and dinner a small meal. breakfast needs to fuel you for the day....dinner has to fuel you for....bedtime.

breakup your eating into compartments - 6small meals instead of 3 big ones

ummm..

BREAKFAST BREAKFAST BREAKFAST!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2009