How do you handle the silent treatment???

Earlier this morning my dh woke up and started to mess with me grabbing and kissing but since I was in a deep sleep I got mad and told him to leave me alone.
(I have been on my period for 5 days) he is ready to get it on and I am like...how about tonight (even though I have said that and fall asleep) He's like how about a quick bj...I said no...later tonight. Well now he is all pissy with me I asked him what he wanted for breakfast and he did not answer so I go to the bathroom to refresh my face and brush my teeth and lay on the bed near him (but not to be intamite) just to watch tv (what he was watching) he grabbed all what was on the bed and got comfortable with pillows here and there like just all for him. I try to grab a pillow for me but I can't bc his big old body is all over it. So I leave the room and started talking to you girls...I hate when he acts like this he acts like a child...Do any of you ladies have one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I think all men are that way. Tell him to get over it..He is not going to die cause he didn't get some when he wanted it. you said your on your period too..YUK he is nasty for wanting to do it.

And about him ignoring you about breakfast..Don't fix him anything if he is going to act that way.

Answer by louise2 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yep. Men are so childish. Tell him that acting like a big baby isn't going to turn you on, so it he wants to "do it" anytime in the next decade, he needs to grow up a little.
    Other than that, just do the same back...Silent treatments work both ways.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• he needs to GROW up. theres more to life then sex.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would be sleeping on the couch. I can give the silent treatment just like the best of the men can. My SO has learned that one. If I get into the silent treatment, I can go days without talking to him. That means he gets nothing, that much longer.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• men are big babies. They take that as personal rejection.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I know some men are horny but woa...sometimes I get pissy too if I cannot get some...I just accept that there are other factors that imply (children, periods, lack of sleep, etc.) and it will happen sometime soon. Tell him after your period he can get lucky-if he's good. If not, make him wait. I do that to my husband-makes the sex all the better on both ends :)
    pruden5956

Answer by pruden5956 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I'm with tyfry....mine doesn't give me the silent treatment anymore because frankly, I'm much better at giving the silent treatment than he is. I can far outlast him if he's acting the fool, so he gave that up long ago. He has learned since then to discuss what is bothering him and it actually helps a lot, yes, even if it's because he wants some sexual attention. Actually when he speaks about it reasonably instead of grumpily, he's much more likely to get what he is after anyway. ; )
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009