Why is it when something goods happens people want to thank God but when bad things happen those same people blame man and free will?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Is this a joke?

I see more people blaming God than I see blaming man and free will.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Because God cannot sin. He is holy and pure. He is Love.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I don't really understand what you're looking for with this question....
    Anonymous

• Well.. in islam we are taught that everything comes from Allah and we are to be grateful for all experiences whether bad or good and we do not know if there is something good in what we are going through. we are to thank him and praise him either way!
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I see what you are saying and I have had this very conversation before. Either God steps in and does things for you or he doesn't, there is either a mystical reason for things or not... I don't understand how people can have it both ways either, but it's not up to us to understand how and why others believe or what they believe. I think it's a comfort mechanism for many to blame mortals rather than god when something negative happens because most want to believe that God is infalable. I personally do not.
    I believe we do have free will and that there are things caused by mystical interaction, but that the only thing the Gods can do is guide they don't just make things happen, you still have to work for everything. And you are still acountable for your actions. I don't see the Gods as perfect, I think they have prooven more than once that they are as flawed as the rest of us.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Becuse misguided people think that God causes good and evil . And it is just not true. The bible says "all good things come from above." It also says God cannot be tempted with evil. Whether you belive that or not is on you. Many people just want to belive the worst about God becaue they do not know him and don't want to know him. The truthof his word makesthem mad.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• did it ever occur to you that man makes their own path of misery?
    Anonymous

• Just once I want to see an interview after a football game: Jesus made me fumble!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• why does everyone think god is all about smiles and never giong thru hardship.

moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Because all good things come from God, who is absolute good,and love,and pureness. All evil and bad comes from man,and exercising our free will to follow the world,and the enemy (satan),and letting ourselves fall into his traps. He is absolute evil,and bad, is the father of lies. EVERY single word that comes out of his mouth is a lie. He has no conscience, and will use anyone and anything to trip us up. God offers us only unconditional forgiveness, unbounded grace,and unlimited mercy.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009