Do you think it's alright to refer to Democrats as Dummocrats?

I thought we were supposed to be grown women here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it speaks volumes about the poster, nothing good.

If a bunch of moms online can't at least offer basic respect to those who disagree with them, how can we expect our elected reps to?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Personally I prefer DemocRATS! It's not really an insult it just EMPHASIZES who they really are!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• No, just as I don't think Democrats shouldn't call Rebublicans names. It's swings both ways. Let's get off the play ground ladies and if you don't have anything enlightening to bring to the discussion at least offer to bring snacks!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• That would be dumbocrats.Some refer to republicans as republic#nts...republipukes.etc so whats good for the goose I say...honestly,I could careless I am not that sensitive esp when it comes to the internet.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU HOW WRONG YOU WERE ABOUT THE WOMEN IN HERE BEING GROWN UP!

Answer by older at 12:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• No, and the same goes for calling republican names. No need for it period. Act like a grown woman and you may have earned more respect.

Anonymous

• "I thought we were supposed to be grown women here?"

That was your first mistake! lol In all honesty it doesn't even phase me anymore. You just have to examine were it is coming from. That in itself makes you feel better. he he he
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Is it right? IMO, no, but I also think it's all a matter of opinion. I think if those silly names (and the ones used for republicans as well) are enough to get you mad, then you need to grow a thicker skin to cruise this section.  No need to get worked up over something a bunch of strangers are saying, right?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My only problem with it is that it takes too long to type. I usually just use idiots or nitwits. How can there be a problem when they fit the definition? As LoriKeet says, it isn't an insult when it emphasizes who they really are.

I don't bother bring something to the discussion unless it is well thought out and can be backed up. I am happy to offer snacks well...they just lose something in the transmission!!:)
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Its okay, because i refer to conservatives as CONServatives.
    Anonymous