My husband had to take our 3 year old son to the ER...

He's been running a fever around 105 for the past 6 days. We took him to his regular doc and they said it was just a virus and he would be fine in a day or 2 but he's still sick so DH took him to ER. He hasn't been coughing or anything until this morning he threw up once. DH just left but I was wanting to know if ya'll have any ideas what it could be. I'm worried and don't want to wait on word from doctor. I couldn't go b/c I just had a baby a week ago and didn't want to take her. I'm real worried and would love some feed-back from other moms. I've never heard of a child running this high of a fever for this long, and with no other symptoms. Any ideas?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Give your child Tyleno and Motrin every 2 hours for the 24 hour period (jtylenot at 1 then motrin at 3 tylenol at 5 and motrin at 7) and so on it will even out and put a cold rag over his head have him wear only a bottom if he feels cold (to himself) just put a thin sheet on him.

I pray all works out for him God bless him, I don't like to hear when little children are sick you never know with them.  Take care!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I dunno, my daughter would spike that high. But best to just wait till doc is done. Could very well be a virus
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Swine flu starts that way. :(
    Anonymous

• Could be swine flu but just so you don't worry too much usually if the swine flu is going to be fatal to someone it happens within the first 1-2 days. Most people get over it just fine!
    Anonymous

• Not sure but hopefully the doc will hurry up and tell your hubby something!!
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 12:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• why would you post this in Just for Fun? that's not fun
    Anonymous

• You don't put anything cold on a person that had a fever its a cool cloth cold can send a person onto shock my dd used to have febrile Seizures and they told me when she has a fever to not use cold use cool, and put him in a cool bath that will help with the fever

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• idk what to tell you but i wanted to say i hope your baby gets better! ill be praying for you! keep us posted pls
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2009