help

So just recently after going on a trip to see my parents and my hubbies parents my daughter just started to whine and do this screaming thing its like she wants picked up constantly and she wants her way she was never like this she would play by herself and would whine here and there usually when she is tired. We thought she was teething about two months ago and nothing came out so we aren't sure if she is now or not. For example when we are feeding her solids and she puts the bib in her mouth and we take it out she throws a fit. Is this normal for them to do? She usually is really good. We thought maybe ear infection but she doesn't cry constantly and if i rub her ears or clean them she doesn 't freak out so I"m not sure what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She could still be teething and wants the comfort of something in her mouth.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• she's just growing up! It's gonna be okay. It might be teeth, but then again, who knows. It's a hard stage, when they start that fussing "pick me up now, and hold me forever" thing. My son just turned a year and he's been doing that for a few months now. I just try to stay patient, and honestly, I decided when I can and when i can't hold him. Sometimes I just have to do the dishes. So. I pick him up if he's screaming at my legs, carry him to his toys and settle him there. And sometimes he gets really really mad and screams at me even more. But after a few minutes, he gets the idea. They are little and they learn quickly. Just remember, there is always the crib if you need a break. Don't fret! Someday, they will be ten and you will be able to hold a normal conversation together!
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 12:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Babies go through alot of ups and downs. Just because youhad a few easy months doesn't mean you have an easy baby. Many kids take a bit to adjust after a change and going on a trip, visiting people she isn't used to seeing, long car rides and messed up sleep schedules are all changes. She may just be growing up and trying to assert herself a bit. I doubt she is sick. Just go with the flow and take things as they come. Try and keep her on a schedule and things will smooth out.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• If she was held constantly on vacation she probably got used to the attention! Especially if she is at the "separation anxiety" stage.. She just needs reassurance that you aren't leaving her... It is a pain in the butt, but she is still learning that you aren't leaving her every time you leave the room.

As far as the bib in the mouth thing - my son does the same thing and it drives me crazy! I now strip him down to his diaper and feed him in his bumbo seat... No bib to grab, so no fight over it! Now he wants to hold the spoon, so I either let him have his own spoon and laugh at the mess, or I just deal with the attempts to grab it.
    vdecker

Answer by vdecker at 1:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2009