This is atrocious! What do you think?

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Pool-Boots-Kids-Who-Might-Change-the-Complexion.html

How horrible!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That is so wrong, and I hope the swim club owners lose lots and lots of business. Is there any legal action they can take? How horrible to do this innocent childten!
    Anonymous

• I am SHOCKED. That is HORRIBLE. And, I'll be the to admit I do have some prejudice tendencies that I need to work on but nothing like that - that is EVIL.

Those kids will never forget that....................
    Anonymous

• If this is the whole story, then it is shameful. Unfortunately, it's a private facility, which means that if it keeps support from those that pay for membership then they won't go anywhere. They may face legal action by the campers and their families though. Rightfully so.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• While I think it was incredibly wrong of the swim club to do this to these children. I have to wonder why the camp director (or person who coordinated this outing) didn't seek to go to the local YMCA or Community Pool. A community type facility would have been FAR less expensive, and the children would have likely had a lot more fun, instead of being around snooty members.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• It is a private club. They can accept who they want. I do think it is wrong to hurt these kids, but I also believe a private enterprise should have the right to refuse service to whomever it sees as a threat to business.
    Anonymous

• Are there any other links? I am not finding any that are giving any response from a Swim Club rep.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• A SAD STATEMENT ONCE AGAIN OF THIS SOCIETY!

Answer by older at 12:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• wow...thats disgusting! shame on those parents for teaching their children to be like that & how DARE a facility continue to segregate our country.

i may not like the usual workings of Rev Sharpton & Jesse Jackson, but i hope they jump ALL over this. i dont care about private enterprise or any of that crap. if dumb asses can sue (& win) McDonalds for getting burned by hot coffee, then these kids should be able to sue that pool. its sad how stupidly our justice system works.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• People in this world are losing their freakin minds.
    Anonymous

• I wonder if they refunded the campers back their money? This is sad but I'm not surprised or shocked.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2009