Pagan/wiccan/satanism altars??

just wondering what was on everyones altars, i dont have an altar at the moment (no room) but once i get into a new house, i cant wait to have an altar (satansim)...if you have pics that would be great to see too.please also say what religion you are..thanks

necro1134

Asked by necro1134 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont have pics but mine is very simple(like me LOL).

It has a statue of my matron diety(dont have one yet of my patron diety but hopefully soon). I have a thing for incense, a bowl for water and food offerings. I have a small elephant statue(goes with my diety) and a candle-white and a bell to begin and end rituals. I tried to keep all elements represented as well.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• sounds very nice amaranth
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Thank you.
    I will put flowers on it when I do some rituals(I dont do a ton right now) to brighten it up and get it festive for holidays or harvests,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• thats awesome, ive never thought of adding stuff to it for holidays/harvests.
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I do not have a permanant alter, I take it down after use and pack it away, otherwise my kids will play with everything. I also don't take pictures of it because I believe that an alter is imbued with very powerful energy from having all the items on it blessed and charged and taking a picture would steal some of that energy. But it's rather basic and I then add to it depending on what I am doing and what the occation is... But the stuff that's always there consits of an alter cloth (although I change the color depending on what I am doing), a stone pentical, a silver chalace, my Athame, my wand, candles (red, silver and gold, plus an illuminator), bowls for a offering, one of salt and one of "holy" water, a silver bell, a small cauldron and a censer. Depending on what I am doing I also add flowers, herbs, stones, gems, fruits/veggies and/or seasonal representors and representaton of the God/dess I an working with...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• that sounds nice Sabrina :)
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i never really had an alter but i was told i had somthign similar.

had incense, candles, crystals, dried flowers, statues, wood, white chalice
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• and leaves from a tree tha ti used to sit under and it would drop leaves on me. so i took them as gifts
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• thats cool moki..and yea that pretty much can be an altar :)
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i guess im a weirdo cause i do believe in god and what not...but i very much respect the power in nature and the energy in all of that....but i like mahy others believe that the energy and power found within nature and its elements, is produced from god.

so anywho

the dried flowers thing...i dont konw. i have tons of dead flowers around my house. typical gothy girl i guess rofl
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2009