snakes ew

just got out of my car and there he was no feet(a garden snake we named)we havent seen him in yrs.my question is we have a german shepherd will he bother it?he doesnt seen to go after other rodent .should i get my husband to move it or is it safe.i would myself but boy hes grown...

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pets

• ur dog will probably try to chase it and kille it its only natural to them. i know when i get my ball pythons out the my brothers dog has to put outside b/c he bounces around and im afraid he will kill them. but i have see other dogs attack gardner and milk snakes cats will to. i believe they r natural enimies
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I have 5 dogs (3 labs, Great Dane pup and a mix). We live outu in the country and I have seen them kill several snakes, unfortunately. I like our black snakes and garter snakes because they keep the mice and rats away. We also had several pet snakes and had to be careful that the dogs were in another room before we got them out to mess with them. If that snake stays in a certain area, it'd probably be best to move it, if not, your dog will probably end up with it.
    Mrs.Frazzle

Answer by Mrs.Frazzle at 11:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2009