• In the Spotlight:

how would you feel if you ended up having to pay for your wedding ring?

my husband is younger then me and i told him before we got married since he was moving home with the money he'd be saving from rent to use that to pay for my wedding ring. well he didn't and his credit is so crappy that he couldn't get his own credit. he used his mothers credit and then she went bankrupt. her attorneys said not to pay on it anymore that a settlement amount would be reached. well bad advice in the first place and now they want us to pay $1000 more then the orginal price of the ring. i'm upset one cause he didn't do what i said and also cause i'm paying for a ring that frankly i'm not crazy about but he did get it for me and i didn't want to break his heart. i also feel like for the price we have to pay i could of really gotten a real nice one. since were married his money is mine plus my money also goes to pay for bills such as this one.either way i'm stuck paying for a ring. i can't help but feel resentment!

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• OMG, that's terrible; however, I never got a wedding ring so not sure which one of us got the shorter stick on that. Why don't men just listen? It seems so easy to me if they'd just listent to us!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Just another reason my husband and I got tattoo's instead of rings.
    MommyMeli07

Answer by MommyMeli07 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• In your case I too would feel resentment because he did not follow through..

I just got engaged in February this year....and we pull our money together...

So I too am paying for my ring....but it does not bother me..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I didn't do it. My 1st husband had no money and he just didn't get me a ring. I was young and stupid so I said it didn't matter, but it started to as the years went by. I had quite a large inheritance left to me by a family member and I could have gone out and bought a HUGE diamond ring and still had enough leftover to buy a house outright, but if I was paying for it I just didn't see the point. My 2nd husband did get me a ring that I absolutely love and he paid for it out of his savings.

Answer by missanc at 1:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• wow that is terrible... tattoos sounds good gurl that s terrible
    BriannaBopp

Answer by BriannaBopp at 1:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would rethink the whole engagement. Sorry but how a person deals with their finances is important and he doesn't sound like he's all that responsible about it. It is something that you should address regardless.
    Anonymous

• He doesn't sound like he is going to be good for you financially. If anything maybe you should take over his checks. I mean I help out in a way paying for my ring, but my husband now actually pays the ring payment, credit cards, car payments, child support, and insurance, so I don't mind paying our house payment and the 3 utility bills. I would be leary about the bad credit thing all the time. He obviously doesn't know how to handle money. And sorry if you are getting resentment now over this how are you going to handle being married and it all become your problem., Because if he gets bad credit while you are married, you will be responsible for it.
    Anonymous

• to late were married already but he has other great features to him that far out weigh his financial stuff i just handle the money now. no one is perfect. my credit is still strong even with his being so crappy. we have the house and the cars. so what else really do we need credit for? we are humble but still i feel the ring is tainted for me cause like someone said if only he had listened to me and it's not cool for me to pay for my ring. i paid for his so mine should be paid for and i didn't need him to spend thousands in fact there was a ring for just $1000 or less that i really liked.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2009