Would you want an overweight doctor to get onto your about your weight?

Or a chronic smoker doctor to tell you you need to stop smoking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL yeah I've had this happen. My dr is a shorter, roundish man. The first time I went to see him, the first thing he said was "So how long have you been overweight and what are you doing about it?" Lol. I am assuming he has a medical condition that causes his weight, because otherwise he seems fit, and he really seemed to know what he was talking about so yes, I take his advice. He is a doctor, he knows what he is talking about (well most of them do anyway lol, and I have found him to be a great, straight-forward, truthful doctor who doesn't sugar coat anything lol)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Do as I say, not as I do.
    MommyMeli07

Answer by MommyMeli07 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Well the overweight one I think is different. We don't know if that person has a medical condition that causes them to be heavy etc. So that wouldn't bother me. But I would think it strange for a heavy smoker to lecture me on the dangers of smoking.
    Anonymous

• Its the doctors job to tell us the truth about our health and give us advice and how we should live. Its is the our job to chose whether or not to take that advice. The doctor has to do the same thing. He/She has to chose whether to take that own advice/facts on health. We all have choices. If doctors didn't get on us about those things then they wouldn't be doing their job.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would tell dr i will do like you direct me to as soon as you start yourself
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I signed up for a personal trainer program at the Y and my trainer (a woman) weighed about 200 more pounds than I did. Talk about inspiration.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 1:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• yeah - motivation. JMO

-Kerri
    36 weeks
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 1:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I'd laugh. OOOOOK. But I know the risks of being overweight as much as s/he does so I honestly care if I'm overweight. I think I'd challenge the Dr to lose weight with me.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• LOL, I had one tell me to lose weight one time and he was about 350 lbs. I told him when he did, I would. I never went back.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009