what are the "must haves" for scrapbooking and card making? I'm new to it. :)

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'm doing a scrapbook as my baby book.

Best things to gather are creative borders, and bits. You can even clip edges of colorful ads in a variety of magazines-- and see if friends have old mags they don't want.
    Narakyndryn

Answer by Narakyndryn at 1:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• pictures, stickers, and some fine pens, markers, etc.
    BriannaBopp

Answer by BriannaBopp at 1:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• time and lots of paper
    GRANDMALINDAS

Answer by GRANDMALINDAS at 3:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Lots of stickers of all kinds, lots of paper and glue, and scissors, and most of all TIME. I spend alot of time with mine. I sometimes spend over 20 minutes doing one page.
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 8:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• A 12-inch cutter to cut the paper in a straight line, some adhesive, and lots of paper. I suggest picking one topic, like a family vacation or baby book, or your wedding, to get started. Just buy materials for that one topic, because you'll get overwhelmed. Plus you'll be able to finish a whole album instead of having a bunch of mismatchy pages.

Scrapbooking is so much fun, you'll enjoy cataloging your family's memories.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 8:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• A paper trimmer, good adhesive, stickers, acid free markers, good scissors, fun papers. If there is one in your area, join a scrapbooking club or group. I go to a crop once a month and get about 10 pages done in a 6 hour crop and have lots of fun. My albums are mismatched pages, except for my sons baseball album but those pages are kinds mismatched too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• paper, adhesive, scissors, and my favorite that makes it so i dont have to buy the different cutters is my CRICUT!!!! ( i love that thing ♥♥♥)
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 4:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i agree with reneeLRS you just need paper, adhesive, scissors and a die cut machine oh and i love stamps! i hate stickers though tackyville
    06-07mom

Answer by 06-07mom at 10:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Paper, scissors, adhesive, and imagination. One way I find the right embellishments for pages is to use clip art. I can search the internet for free clipart sites and usually find the image I want, print it out on cardstock and then cut it out. There are several scrapbooking groups here on Cafe Mom, check out a couple and find one that fits you. Most of the ladies in these groups are more than willing to help a newbie out with ideas.
    NannyTracy

Answer by NannyTracy at 9:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2009