What's Your Opinion?

Here's my menu for my son's graduation party. Would you enjoy it if you were a guest? We're expecting about 250-300 people, so I wanted to make sure we would have something for everyone...

fruit tray
veggie tray
plain & BBQ shredded beef w/ buns available
spiral sliced ham
potato salad
pasta salad
Baked rigatoni
corn on the cob
asst. desserts & cake
lemonade, iced tea, water

Thanks for you input

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• When you have that many guests you need a variety. I think you menu sounds great. Do as much as you can ahead so you're not exhausted the day of the party. Personally, for that many people I would consider having the grocery store do the trays for me. Order the cake/desserts. The extra cost will save you hours and hours of work.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think that is ALOT for a graduation party. I feel like you'll be preparing for that party for weeks. I would probably cut the fruit tray out, the baked rigatoni, corn on the cob (because if tehy don't eat it right away it won't be as good) and only have a graduation cake, not the asst. desserts.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Looks good to me! I don't think it's "too much" Shoot the graduation parties I've been going to had alot more then that and it was enough. Yours looks good though. Good luck and I hope your party turns out great!
    Anonymous

• Holy dang that's a lot of people! Your menu sounds delicious.
    whoiam

Answer by whoiam at 2:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yum!! Your menu looks good. I hope you have a great party!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• That is alot of people.Whew! I am planning my parent's 50th anniversary party for 50 and that is enough work.

I don't think the corn is a great idea. Because you need things that can be prepared ahead and people can eat while mingling. You will be cooking the entire time and you want to have fun and enjoy yourself too. The rest of the menu is wonderful.
    If you are going to have hungry teenagers. May I suggest you add a nachos bar with the shredded pork. With Chips, Nacho cheese ,beans ( both in a crock pot, ) sour cream and salsa. Of all the things I had for my daughter's sweet 16 that was the biggest hit. They munched on it all night. Oh and cookies and brownies with your desserts. Teenagers like to eat alot. LOL!
    Have a grand time and congratulations to your son.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 7:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Thank You, so much for all the advice & well wishes... really appreciate it!!
    Anonymous

• sounds delicious and congrats to you & him for your son graduating
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 5:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2009