got a catholic priest calling me today

well the chaplains office got back to me, and the head of the catholic church here on post, priest something (she didnt say his name) is calling me today to talk.
i was thinkign if i should write down questions on a piece of paper or just let the convo flow and see where it goes. he will be the first cath priest ive ever talked to for sure. yesterday i called the chaplain for my hubbies company..he never returned my call. and the catholic chaplain, they did return my call. ehh i guess i wasn't meant to talk to the other chaplain. everything happens for a reason.

if you have not read any of my previous posts you might go uhhh....ok...butif you have read them then you will sorta see the story line going on here lol.

would you just let convo flow or have actual questions written out

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i interviewed a catholic priest once for a paper for school. i had my questions written down. he gave me the most not to the point answers ever. i am not a fan of the catholic church. they want your money.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• oh every church wants donations. and some use it for negative reasons, others use itto sustain the church and church activities.

not to mention the cath church helps out the poor and has the oldest running charity organization within the vatican.

not to metnion that whole they want money is a stain from how they were years ago...and we all have our histories. so tahts a very general negative statement your making.

some priests are tainted....some husbands are tainted as well, doesnt mean their all bad.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You can write some questions down, but I'm thinking if he's like my Priest he'll probably want to set up a time for you both to meet face to face. When/if that happens the conversation will most likely flow on it's own and it still wouldn't hurt to have notes just in case you forget something you feel is an important question.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 1:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• usually chaplains do set up appointments with people.

i was told if you have an appt , make sure you hide your tats. why?! lol. by that logic i have to hide myt ats everytime im near a church. i dont think so. my entire right upper arm is a giant seraphim angel with my daughters name on her sword. its noticeable and he'll see it. if he comments on it..ill reply. but im not giong to hide it
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• That's great, best wishes!
    LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 1:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You don't have to hide anything like that. In this day and age it's nothing he hasn't seen before, I'm sure.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 1:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• especially being a mlitary chaplain. military people have tattoo's everywhere. its thei ronly form of self expression really, since they all have teh same haircut and wear the same outfit every day lol.

moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• we'll see waht this guy is like. call me corny if you want..but the fact i called 2 chaplains an dleft a message yesterday. one of which is a catholic priest and the head of the catholic church here...and the other is more protestant. i kept wondering, which one will call me back, what if they both call at the same time hahaha.

i almost think it was some sort of sign that the protestant chaplain has not called me back at all.......and even though the catholic one is busy right now with other soldiers he requested for his assistant to call me and tell me that he iwll be contacting me between 2-3 and that he did receive my message.

im sure someone will say uh huh your looking for a sign..maybe i am...but right now im going where i am lead.......and for wahtever reason, the 2 diferent protestant chaplains i called, one just dusted me off and sent me to another one....and the 2nd hasnt called me back period.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I hope all goes well. As you said an miliatary chaplin is not going to be put off by your tats so I wouldnt' worry about covering them up. You can write your questions down, but then just see how the conversation goes. Best wishes!
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 1:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think that you should write down everything you want to know so that you don't forget anything, LOL. I am NOTORIOUS for forgetting the questions I want to ask.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2009