baptism feeling?

did you feel different after being baptized

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No clue - I was 6 months old :)
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 1:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• haha
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• No, I was in middle school when I was and the Church I was baptized in never felt like the right one for me. I did however feel different when I converted to Catholicism and went through Confirmation.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 1:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i was only a few months old..so no i didnt feel differently..but i hate that was baptized.
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• why do you ahte it? if you dont believe in it then it was nothing more than a short bath to you
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I was also baptized as a baby, so I don't remember it either. I do wish I had done it as an adult instead though. I do understand necro's point, though. It's just the fact that, as infants, we aren't given the choice, it's taken from us so it's done weather we want it or not.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• well im 25....bit later than most of you. so if it does so happen i get baptised..ill let you konw if i feel anything or make the water boil rofl
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I was baptized just over a week ago and I can say I felt new. I also have this new sense of confidence in my faith. I think it's because before I was baptized I always felt like I wasn't complete somehow (even though I know it's not necessary). I just feel like I can now move forward. It's tough to explain.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Like necro1134, I was a baby and I hate that I was baptized. The whole thing is just creepy to me, like my parents were trying to sell my "soul" to their god. Creepy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I felt very warm and peaceful inside as I came out of the water.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2009