I'm trying to switch cable for disk satellite but I keep hearing that the disk satellite won't work if it's RAINING....is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That's true.

If it's a light rain... it usually does ok.

Anything heavier than that, though... and it's out 'til the rain lets up.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think you mean dish satellite and in cloudy weather, it does tend to go in and out which can get annoying! But heck even with this wonderful digital tv era, the stupid reception goes in and out in cloudy weather!
    Anonymous

• thank you for the correction, dish* the price is more affordable. op
    Anonymous

• I have dish network and we only have had 2 outages in the past 2 years. I love it. And I live in Washington State where it rains A LOT and also we had heavy snows this past winter and only lost signal once during that. It just lal depends on how good your signal is to begin with I think. But I can say Dish Network is better than DirecTv here for sure, all of my friends that had DirecTv have switched to Dish and like it more. Good luck!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Well, kinda true. LOL If the signal can't get through then it doesn't work. Doesn't matter why. My cousin has had it for a long time and they have an extra antenae that is remotely worked so if the storms knock it out then they use the regular one.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009