Do you think parents are bad parents if

they don't puchase an airline ticket for there child ( under the age of two) ?

Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• um no. why would that make the parent bad? do you think a parent is bad when they go to an amusement park and don't pay for their child to get in if they are under two (and children under two get in free?) nope. they are saving money and there is nothing wrong with a child sitting on a lap. thats where they would be most of the time anyways.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• No, I flew with my daughter this way quite a few times. I cannot afford an extra $350 ticket for my baby. Now she's three and gets her own seat and I still don't lug a carseat onto the plane. I have never had any issue flying with her.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• No, why would that make them a bad parent?
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• eyeroll...I can see the whole 'they should have had a carseat for the baby' arguement coming. Just give it a rest. Chances are if the plane crashes you're dead anyway. Sheesh.
    Anonymous

• that makes them a frugal parent. That's not a bad thing

Answer by admckenzie at 1:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• LOL getting something free or cheap makes you a bad parent? If thats the case, you better be glad you have money coming out of your butt....
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• The idea is that children are safer in an airline approved car seat in their own chair, not that it's good to spend money.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• no, my child flew when he was 4 months old, on my lap. If the plane crashes my 4 months old infant carrier was not going to save his life anymore then I was. The next time we flew he was over 2 so he had to have his own seat, but he still spent most the flight on my lap sleeping. We just flew home again yesterday, he's 3.5 now, and I still didn't bring his car seat on board. I still hold the same philosophy if the plane crashes from 32,000 feet in the air a plastic car seat is not going to make him any safer then the airplane seat belt. If its your time to go, its your time to go.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I can understand why some might think yes for the car seat issue. But in all honesty in today econamy you save where you can. plus anyways, not to sound morbid, but if a plane crashes your all mostly likely gonna die anyways. A car seat ain't gonna help then.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009