Is anyone getting needle-free vaccinations for their children?

Hello,

I have never vaccinated my kids against the flu, but i think i should this year. Anyone ever tried a needle-free vaccine?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Kids' Health

• We don't do any vaccines. It isn't the needle I'm scared of...
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• If you're talking about the nasal one, it's only for certain people. I don't know so you'd be better off talking with a doctor you trust and getting the information.

Yeah, Autumn...whatever. I think everyone on the boards knows how you feel and what you tout.
    Anonymous

• My twins are too young for the nasal flu vaccine. They have had other vaccines given orally. They were just fine.

I agree with anon above. It's best to talk to your doctor which one is right for you and your family.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I do vax. my son, but during the fall we get the Flu Mist. It is a nasal spray at our peds. office. It is for 5 and up. Atleast at our office. And they run out of them fast. I think we got it in Oct.
    My son and I both caught the Flu the year before and it was really bad and I was so scared how sick he was, I will never skip it again.
    Anonymous

• The Flu Mist is ok as long as the child doesn't have asthma, it makes asthma worse. Also, the mist is a live virus of the flu where the regular vaccine is an inactive shot. I will never skip the flu vaccine for neither my son nor I, we get one every October and neither of us have ever had the flu.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yikes, flu mist? That's a live virus vaccine... which means it can surely give them the flu. I'd watch out with that one.
    http://www.medimmune.com/pdf/products/flumist_pi.pdf
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:09 AM on Jul. 10, 2009