DIY ideas

Hi ladies i am an "assistant MOH" for my cousins wedding (her sis the MOH will be in school and im not so im needed for anything MOH cant be at) and she asked me to look up ideas for DIY flowers, invites, favors, and name cards.....any ideas of pretty/elegant things i can bring to her attention? Or even websites that i can look at for them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Check out theknot.com for any wedding ideas. I would seriously look into cost of DIY vs purchasing for things like invites (depending on what she wants). Name cards I would think would be an easy one, if you know someone who has a Cricut you could use that to cut out the names, or you could just find someone with really beautiful hand writing, then you can use stamps, or cut paper etc.

We did our own flowers, and it was a lot of work but they turned out gorgeous. I don't know that we would have been able to do it if my aunt didn't know a lot about flowers. I would definitely take help from anyone who offers. When doing flowers, try to pick flowers that are in season, and you can look in your yard (her yard) for the greenery you need.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_wedding
    www.chiff.com/entertain/decor.htm
    www.superweddings.com/decor/wedding_decoration_042007.html
    www.superweddings.com/bridalcrafts.html

Here are some sites to get you started, have fun!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• ooh plus if you go to any craft store ie. micheals, hobby lobby, stuff like that, they have sections for wedding ideas too.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I found beautiful stationary at office supply place and printed them on computer with pretty font. They were very elegant. I aso found all the supplies for flowers and made them myself, but I do that for my home sometimes too.
    You can even print wrappers for candy bars as little favors on the table. Printable sheets of icing to make a cake with a photo of the couple on it. GL
    Anonymous