Michelle Obama's 317K/year "job" and earmarks?

anyone heard of her former "job" and interesting political connections at the hospital?

if she was in such a critical position and helping so many people (working part-time) to constitute a 317K/year salary, this position MUST be filled now right? why not? what about the people?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I knew about her job at the hospital but not the exact salary amount. Who's calling it a critical poistion in the first place? And no I wouldn't think that a part time position paying that much had to be something that needed to be filled after her resignation. Perhaps the hospital knew it was a fluff gig in the first place and decided to save itself some serious cash and phase the bogas position out.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I knew about this "interesting turn of events," but for those who weren't paying attention....

No conflict of interest here

and here's a visual representation

"Pay to play"....classic Chicago-style way of buisness as usual!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You're right Lori....true Chicago-style politics/business indeed!!!!
    Anonymous

• Lorikeet I had to post your link here. Interesting!

Anonymous

• Ohh Lori.. You know SOME people don't look at 'pay to play 'with it's the Obama's.... Ethical business/political practices are only question when a Republican is the one in questions.
    Just ask
    Rangel, Dodd, Conyers, Frank, Clinton, ....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Oh my god, a Princeton and Harvard educated attorney makes a seven figure salary!? I'm shocked.
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 2:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• This question sort of flew over your head didn't it annabellelee?
    Anonymous

• No, I got it just fine. He requested an ear mark for the hospital a few months AFTER his wife got a large salary increase. What was the earmark used for, did her responsibilities change? What do other people with her level of education make in similar positions at that hospital?

By the way, if you're going to be snarky, you might at least have the guts not to do it anonymously.
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 2:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• ^5 Annabell

BOO-YAH! Anon :39
    Anonymous

• By she was promoted, the promotion came with a raise, which is not uncommon when you're talking high level jobs for people with that sort of education.
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 2:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009