does this sound like twins?

This isn't my first pregnancy but I'm only ten weeks along and already I'm feeling movement and kicks in different parts of my stomach. I do get morning sickness, but it isn't "enhanced" but I do find myself sleeping more often and needing naps. My breast seem way more swollen then what they should. And I'm already growing a belly. My ultra sound is on the 21st but I simply can't wait. I think it could be more than one baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There is no way of knowing until your ultrasound, the baby should only weigh 2 grams right now and i doubt you're feeling kicks, if it was multiples they'd be even smaller than that.
    Anonymous

• It COULD be twins, but your evidence is not enough to be convincing at this point. If you have other factors, such as a family history of twins or you used fertility drugs, then it would be more likely. Either way, congrats on your new baby or babies!
    Anonymous

• Multiples are actually the same size at singletons this early in a pregnancy. It's not until late in the pregnancy that they start slowwing in growth as compared to singletons.
    Anonymous

• I have heard that women feel movements much earlier after their 1st pregnancy but at 10 weeks? Your baby(s) is only about the size of a prune...an inch a half...the his/her arms and legs are only about as big as this number 1. So could you feeling movements this early? I mean I suppose it is possible but probably highly unlikely. As far as showing goes, it could be bloating as well. Like #2 poster said...it could be twins but from what you are experiencing its not enough to tell either way. Congrats though!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• While it is entirely possible that you could have twins, none of those indications are signs that you are having twins. Wait for the ultrasound and don't get your hopes up. Sorry.
    whoiam

Answer by whoiam at 2:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Uhm "whoiam" ... Look it up. I'm having many twin symptoms. And no need for the "sorry." its not like I asked for your help inproticular. Thanks.
    Anonymous

• i did not know there was symptoms of having twins. anyways, as far as you feeling movement and kicking at 10 weeks? i think in my own personal experience it is impossible! your baby(s) are WAY too small to be felt moving around and kicking for you to actually feel it. however if your showing that could possibly be bloating. i am 4 weeks pregnant and i litterally look like im a good 4 months along. but i know in reality i am just really bloated.
    anything is possible dont get me wrong. we are just trying to answer your question and give you advice.
    Jmain8

Answer by Jmain8 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would not guess on this one.
    I have had twins and a singleton too.
    They only way to know would be your ultra sound. I would ask at your next appointment if they can hear more than one h/b. Anyway W/my singleton (the second pg it seemed like everything happened much quicker. It seemed like my belly pooched out like the day after my positive test,lol. I just don't think there is anyway to know w/o the doc showing you on u/s.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2009