Does anyone know anything and vitamin d deficiancy?

I went to the dr to talk about my depression and other symptoms that made me think something was wrong, and possible side effets to my iud. I have since had my iud removed. the symtoms were..depression, quick temper, low energy, no sex drive, headaches, weight gain, and im really withdrawn from everyone, not myself at all. so the np ran a bunch of tests, like thyroid and vitamin d. well it turns out i have low vitamin d. the nurse that called and told me jsut told me about the Rx they put me on, and to call in 6 weeks so they can retest. well ive tried looking up symptoms of low vit d, and cant find anything but like osteoporosis, and issues absorbing. i even called a friend in PA school and she researched and couldnt find much either. The really weird thing is, they said in order to get enough vitamin d you need to get 1 - 2 hes of sunlight a week, drink milk, and eat fish. I do plenty of that!! so im so confused!!

RhiannonHunt

Asked by RhiannonHunt at 2:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Health

• If anyone knows anything about this can you please let me know??

oh and the NP is on vacation this week so i cant really call her
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I just went to the DR. a few months back and was low in D. She suggested I take up 2000 in D. They now think this could help lessen breast cancer.
    Anonymous

• Okay, first you may be doing all that but your body isn't absorbing or processing right. Lack of Vit D can cause serious bone and dental problems. Vit D requires calcium to be absorbed properly In children(usually) there is a disease called Rickets due to lack of Vit D. Rickets may also be genetic.. It is widely affecting third world countries children. Rickets causes fractures and deformities. I'm sure that isn't what it is. In adults it is usually called osteomalacia. If none of these terms were used I'm sure it is just a low grade deficiency they want to correct before any problems begin.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I recently read a lot about vitamin D deficiency, and it seems that it can cause a lot of problems. Here are some of the links I saw in my reading, hopefully they provide you some information:
    http://bioticsresearch.dstweb.net/Eco_Client_Product_Features.aspx?value=ghG5mgChUgf%40A4ShN4bNng%3d%3d

http://www.purecaps.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=VD51
    whoiam

Answer by whoiam at 2:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Vit D definciency is a sure way to get the flu. Go out in the sun :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009